Friday, September 2, 2011

Gerry's Retirement

August 31st was our 12th Anniversary at the store, as I posted that day. Well, Gerry has been with me practically since the beginning. 11 years, 7 months and 24 days if you want to get technical. Last night I had the staff over for a BBQ/retirement dinner for Gerry. I had told Gerry earlier in the day that I hadn't 'done' anything special for her retirement, but I didn't tell her that the staff had gotten together and made her a little something special. So she was quite surprised when she was presented with this special reminder of her time with us.

One thing you must undeerstand is that Gerry LOVES cats. So this pattern was quite appropriate. She is also fond of 30's reproduction fabrics and clear colours.

Linda, of course was entrusted with the quilting. You can see more pictures at Carla's and Linda's blog.


Gerry we will miss you! Hope to see you here on a regular basis!

1 comment:

NiCoLe said...

I was sad to leave early and miss the reveal. I'm sure she will treasure this quilt for a long time.